Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest 2023 DFS Picks & Projections
Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest 2023
The Fourth of July is here and with it comes fireworks, friends, backyard barbecues, and of course, the 2023 Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest. The tradition is as American as they come. The thrilling competitive eating showdown, where athletes push the limits of their appetites and stomachs in pursuit of glory, is here once again.
We'll break down the 2023 Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest so you’re ready for all the excitement when the clock starts. We’ll explore the contestants, projections rules, DFS projections, and how to place your picks on this epic showdown.
Ready to join the 4th of July fun? Sign up for PrizePicks using promo code “THELAB” for a 100% deposit match up to $100 and start playing daily fantasy sports today!
Contestants for the Men's and Women's Competition:
The 2023 Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest promises a fierce battle between some of the world's most talented eaters. Notable contestants in the men’s division include:
- Joey Chestnut: Chestnut, the undisputed GOAT, holds the record for most hot dogs eaten in Nathan’s annual contest with 76 in 10 minutes. In 2022, Joey secured his 15th “Mustard Yellow Belt” after finishing 63 despite a spectator’s interference during the contest.
- Geoffrey Esper: Though Chestnut remains the favorite by a wide margin, Esper stands as the most likely contender to knock off the champ and bring home the belt. After eating just 47.5 hot dogs in 2022 compared to Chestnut’s 63, he’ll need to show up with quite an appetite if he stands a chance this year.
- Nick Wehry: Currently ranked #4 worldwide in MLE (Major League Eating), Wehry is a rising star in Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest. After finishing 4th in last year's competition with 40 dogs and buns eaten, he’s currently the third favorite to win in 2023.
In the women's division, contestants include:
- Miki Sudo: The eight-time reigning champion, Sudo, reclaimed her throne in 2022 after taking a hiatus in 2021 during her pregnancy. If Chestnut is the Tiger or MJ, that makes Miki Sudo the Serena or Simone Biles. Dominant is the word that describes Sudo best.
- Michelle Lesco: During Sudo’s year off in 2021, Lesco took home the belt. After losing to Sudo once again during her 2022 return, Michelle Lesco will surely be hungry for revenge (pun intended).
- Sarah Rodriguez: Rodriguez currently has the third best odds to win the 2023 women’s contest. She'll have more than her fair share of competition with Sudo and Lesco also in the lineup.
Our Top Daily Fantasy Projections: Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest 2023
As the contest draws near, take a look at our DFS projections for the top competitors so you’re ready to make your picks when it's time to eat!
- Joey Chestnut: As the reigning champ with a record of 76 hot dogs and buns, Chestnut’s current projection is 72.5. After a down year in 2022, Chestnut will be looking to post another impressive performance. Don’t be surprised if the GOAT goes for a new record this year.
- Miki Sudo: On the women’s side, Sudo will likely continue her dominant run, going for her 9th victory in 10 years. She’s currently projected at 43.5 dogs and buns. In 2022 she finished 42 as she reclaimed her throne so all eyes will be on her to see if she can outdo herself once again.
Not a PrizePicks member? Sign up using promo code “THELAB” for a first time deposit match up to $100 and join the action in this American tradition!
Daily Fantasy Tips and Strategies:
Betting on the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest can be an exciting and profitable endeavor. To make informed decisions, consider the following tips and strategies:
- Study past performances: Analyze the eating records and past contest results of each participant to gauge their consistency and competitive edge.
- Assess eating styles: Different eaters have distinct strategies. Some may focus on speed, while others rely on methodical eating. Understanding each eater's style can help you make informed betting choices.
- Weather conditions: Keep an eye on the weather, as extreme heat or humidity can impact eating capacities. Certain eaters may thrive in adverse conditions, while others might struggle.
History of Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest:
The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest traces its roots back to 1916 when four immigrants held a hot dog eating contest to settle an argument about who was the most patriotic. Since then, it has grown into a renowned annual event, drawing thousands of spectators and millions of television viewers. The contest takes place on Coney Island, New York, during the Fourth of July festivities, becoming a symbol of American independence.
Rules of the Contest:
The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest follows specific rules. Contestants have ten minutes to consume as many hot dogs and buns as they can. They must eat the entire hot dog, including the bun, and keep it down for a brief period after the contest ends. The contestant who consumes the most hot dogs and buns within the time limit is declared the winner.
Notable Winners and Records:
The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest has a storied history, with several notable winners and impressive records.
Joey Chestnut's record of consuming 76 hot dogs and buns in ten minutes, set in 2021, showcases his dominance in the sport.
Miki Sudo's record of 48.5 hot dogs and buns, also set in 2021, highlights her exceptional talent.
Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest 2023 with PrizePicks Daily Fantasy Sports
As the 2023 Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest approaches, prepare yourself for an adrenaline-filled battle of competitive eating. With intense rivalries, remarkable records, and the opportunity to place strategic bets, this event offers both entertainment and potential rewards.
Sign up for PrizePicks today to dive into the world of daily fantasy sports, elevate your excitement, and join the community of passionate fans who enjoy the thrill of competitive eating and more!
Use promo code "THELAB" for a $100 deposit match up to $100!