2023 NBA Finals Predictions & Picks: Heat vs. Nuggets
2023 NBA Finals Predictions and Picks: Miami Heat vs. Denver Nuggets
The stage is set, the players are ready, and the anticipation is at an all-time high as we gear up for the thrilling finish to the NBA season - the 2023 NBA Finals. To prepare you for all of the action, we put together this preview with all of our 2023 NBA Finals predictions and picks.
In an unexpected matchup, the top-seeded Denver Nuggets will take on the Miami Heat who have defied the odds, rising above the competition to secure their place in the championship series.
As sports fans, we’ll dive right into this captivating matchup to analyze the key storylines, star players, and potential game-changing factors to keep an eye on.
2023 NBA Finals Predictions: Series Overview
The 2023 NBA Finals begin Thursday June 1 at 8:30 pm ET. ABC will broadcast each game in the series.
NBA Finals Schedule
- Game 1 in Denver - June 1 at 8:30 PM ET
- Game 2 in Denver - June 4 at 8:00 PM ET
- Game 3 in Miami - June 7 at 8:30 PM ET
- Game 4 in Miami - June 9 at 8:30 PM ET
Then, if necessary:
- Game 5 in Denver - June 12 at 8:30 PM ET
- Game 6 in Miami - June 15 at 8:30 PM ET
- Game 7 in Miami - June 18 at 8:00 PM ET
We’ll be posting our top daily fantasy sports projections everyday on The Board so be sure to get your picks in to stay in the action.
2023 NBA Finals MVPs: Most Valuable Picks
Before breaking down the team matchups, we want to call out a few hot DFS plays from The Board.
- Nikola Jokić: The former league MVP is currently the favorite to win Finals MVP. With his ability to lead the Nuggets on both sides of the court and dominate games, it’s no surprise.
- Top DFS Plays Game 1: Points - 27.5, Minutes Played - 40.0, Assists - 10.0
- Jimmy Butler: Jimmy Buckets has elevated this Miami team to new heights throughout this entire playoff run. If he’s able to make more history against this talented Denver lineup, he’ll surely be named Finals MVP (currently second favorite in odds)
- Top DFS Plays Game 1: Points - 27.0, Rebounds - 7.0, Assists - 6.0
- Jamal Murray: Though Jokić is the favorite to win MVP, it wouldn’t shock anyone to see Murray steal the show. His electric performances throughout the postseason proved too much for the West to handle. Jokić even said Murray has been the best on the team throughout the playoffs.
- Top DFS Plays Game 1: Points 25.5, Free Throws Made - 3.5, Assists - 5.5
Follow along with our top projections on The Board so you don’t miss any of the action!
Eastern Conference Champions: Miami Heat
Led by their fearless leader, Jimmy Butler, the Miami Heat have embraced their underdog status throughout the playoffs, displaying a relentless work ethic and unwavering determination.
Under the brilliant coaching of Erik Spoelstra, the Heat have thrived on their suffocating defense, smart ball movement, and clutch performances.
With an impressive supporting cast including Bam Adebayo and breakout performances from Gabe Vincent and Caleb Martin, the Heat possess the depth and versatility required to challenge any opponent. Their strong team chemistry and playoff experience make them a formidable force in these finals.
Western Conference Champions: Denver Nuggets
The Denver Nuggets, led by their dynamic duo of Nikola Jokić and Jamal Murray, have taken the NBA by storm with their electrifying performances. Jokić, who many believe should have won the league MVP over Embiid, has showcased his exceptional passing, scoring, and leadership skills, solidifying his place among the game's elite.
Paired with the explosive scoring ability of Murray, the Nuggets boast one of the most potent offensive tandems in the league. Supported by the likes of Michael Porter Jr., Aaron Gordon, and a deep bench, the Nuggets' offensive firepower poses a significant threat to any defense.
2023 NBA Finals Key Storylines:
- Clash of Styles: The series presents a fascinating clash of styles. The Heat's suffocating defense and disciplined approach face off against the Nuggets' high-octane offense and unorthodox playing style. Which team can impose its will and dictate the pace of the series?
- Battle of Star Power: The Finals will showcase a duel between two superstar duos. Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo look to outshine the brilliance of Nikola Jokić and Jamal Murray. Who will step up and deliver when it matters most?
Jimmy and the Joker have been nothing short of electric to watch all throughout the postseason. Both stars will need to shine on both sides of the court for their squads to come out on top.
Butler averaged about 38.5 Pts+Rebs+Asts in 7 games against the Celtics while Jokić boasted an average of 54 Pts+Rebs+Asts in his 4 game sweep of the Lakers during the WCF.
Don’t be surprised if either of these stars break out in game 1. For more DFS picks and plays, check out the board here.
- Depth and Bench Production: Both teams possess deep benches that can make significant contributions. The Heat's role players, including Caleb Martin and Duncan Robinson, will need to provide consistent scoring, while the Nuggets' supporting cast, led by Michael Porter Jr., must step up to complement their stars.
Game-Changing Factors and Top NBA Daily Fantasy Sports Picks:
- Three-Point Shooting: The Heat and Nuggets rank among the league's top three-point shooting teams. Whichever squad can find their stroke from beyond the arc and disrupt the opponent's perimeter defense will gain a crucial advantage.
- Crunch Time Performance: If these playoffs have taught us anything, it’s that you don’t lose until the final buzzer sounds. The Heat lost a heartbreaking ECF Game 6 in Miami at the buzzer despite Butler’s late heroics. In the West, 3 out of 4 games in the WCF were decided by 6 points or less. Both teams know what’s at stake so it won’t be any shock to see them fighting till the clock hits all zeros.
All eyes will be on Jimmy Butler in Game 1 as he looks to keep the Cinderella Story alive in Denver. Following that ECF Game 6 performance where he scored about half of his total points in the closing minutes, scoring over 4 points in the final 6 of Game 1 is more than feasible. On the other end of the court, Jamal Murray continues to dominate the offensive zone. Come crunch time, both of these stars will want the ball in their hands for a chance to secure the early series lead. Find our crunch time projections here on The Board and pick your late-game heroes.
- Rebounding Battle: With Adebayo and Jokić anchoring their respective frontcourts, the battle on the boards will be pivotal. Second-chance points and limiting offensive rebounds could swing the momentum in favor of either team.
Though he’s averaged around 9.2 rebounds this season, getting boards over the Joker is no small task. If Miami has any chance of winning this series or Game 1, Bam will need to post a special performance off the glass.
- Coaching Strategies: Erik Spoelstra and Michael Malone are both tactical masterminds who have proven their ability to make key adjustments during playoff series. The chess match between these two coaches could be a deciding factor in the Finals' outcome.
With coaching being such a major influence on defense, Malone will continue to count on Murray for game-changing plays. Averaging 0.5 blocks and 2.75 steals per game against the Lakers in the WCF, Murray could definitely manage 1.5 combined in Game 1 if given the right looks.
Check out today’s board for all of our top Daily Fantasy Sports picks for the NBA Finals and more!
2023 NBA Finals Preview Wrap-Up
As the Miami Heat and Denver Nuggets prepare to clash in the 2023 NBA Finals, the stage is set for an exhilarating showdown. The Heat's suffocating defense and team-first mentality go head-to-head against the Nuggets' explosive offense and star power. With intriguing storylines and game-changing factors at play, both teams have a legitimate shot at championship glory.
The Heat have already beaten the #1 and #2 seeds in the Eastern conference but the high-octane offensive power of the Denver Nuggets will likely prove their toughest matchup yet. As Tyler Herro rejoins the Miami squad after suffering an injury earlier this postseason, the Heat need him to shake off any rust quickly in order to compete with the 3-point capabilities of Denver.
After over a week of rest, the Nuggets have been anxiously waiting to get back on the court and close the deal against Miami. Jimmy Butler’s fearless attitude and hustle could slow down Denver but it will take more than grit to beat this historic Denver unit.
In the end, the Denver Nuggets will likely come out on top and win the series efficiently. Although us fans will want the series to go to 7 games, Denver should be able to close it out in 5 or 6. Either way, we’re excited to see these stars play at the highest level for the highest stakes.
As sports fans, we’re ready to witness an epic series filled with intensity, drama, and the potential for exciting daily fantasy sports pick opportunities. We’ll be following the action closely and posting new DFS projections everyday on The Board so make sure to keep up and place your picks!